We at St. Stephens Indian High School are committed to the academic achievement of our students. Whether they choose to pursue college or a career after graduation, our curriculum prepares them for success.
High Educational Standards
Our curriculum adheres to the Bureau of Indian Education’s standards in all subjects, including the core areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and history. We also offer instruction in art, music, woodworking, culture, Arapaho Language, careers, and physical education.
In addition to instruction in the above areas of study, our students receive a rich cultural education. Staff members facilitate each student’s understanding of their Native American heritage by:
- Providing Arapaho cultural classes, which cover language, traditions, history, and crafts
- Facilitating interactive discussions regarding current Native American issues
- Inviting Native community members into the classroom to enrich the cultural curriculum
- Providing opportunities for students to participate in sweat lodges and community service
- Incorporating multiple intelligences strategies to address cultural learning styles and giftedness
Introduction to the Arapaho Language
View all our culture video lessons.